Campus Representative's Office Hours
Want to talk with someone face to face about Peace Corps? Drop by during your Peace Corps Campus Rep's office hours, Room 156 in the Red Gym:
General Information Meetings
Is the Peace Corps right for you? Questions about Peace Corps Service? Come learn how you can make a difference aboard and launch your career in the Peace Corps.
- General Information Meeting: February 25th @ 7pm in the Red Gym
- Peace Corps Skype-a-thon: March 26th @ 7pm in Union South
- Peace Corps Speed Networking: April 23rd @ 7pm in the Red Gym
Peace Corps Week 2014: February 23rd - March1st
In commemoration of the executive order issued by President John F. Kennedy on March 1st, 1961 establishing the Peace Corps, we'll be promoting the Peace Corps on campus:
- Tabling at Gordon Commons: Friday, February 21st from 11:00am-2:00pm @ Gordon Commons
- General Information Meeting Tuesday, February 25th at 7pm in the Red Gym
- "Girls Leading Our World: Lessons from a Youth Leadership Camp in Southern Ethiopia" Presented by Danna Hering,
RPCV Kenya 2000-04, Ethiopia 2012-13
Wednesday, February 26th from 4:00-5:00PM in
Room 1010 Medical Sciences Center
1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI
Application Writing Workshop
These brief workshops, hosted by the UW Campus Rep and a Writing Center Intructor, are designed to help you complete your online Peace Corps application-- particularily the Cross Cultural Experience and Motivation Statement short essays. Bring your questions and essay drafts, or simply questions about how to apply, to the 6th floor of Helen C. White Hall.
- March 28th @ 2:00pm-3:30pm
Peace Corps Ambassadors Group
Get involved with the PC prior to volunteering overseas! Peace Corps Ambassadors (PCA) is a student group that works with Returned Peace Corps Volunteers in the Madison area on various community events. Contact the Campus Recruiter for more information: email@example.com
Check this site often. There is always an opportunity for you to learn more about Peace Corps! Also, you may find other events in the Midwest area at: "Find Local Events."